Lemosho Route– starting from the west side of Kilimanjaro, and begins very gently then ascends onto the great expanse of the Shira plateau. Treks from the Lemosho trailhead there is fee to pay forest department tax. It joins the Machame route above Shira camp on day 4 and then from Barafu camp ascends to the summit via Stella Point. Descent is via the Mweka route.
On arrival at Airport you will meet our professional guide English/French/Germany language depend with your request, transfer you to town late afternoon there is a briefing with our staff and head guide to look through the itinerary , check gear and answer any questions you may ask and overnight Hotel or Lodge at Arusha
After breakfast will drive to the starting point of the Lemosho trail. Will meet a team of crew preparing packing stuff and after finishing with registration you will start trek through into forest. Lunch is taken on trail and camp is reached mid afternoon. Overnight at Forest for full board basis
After breakfast start walk through the slopes of Lemosho forest you ascend through Juniper forest and break out of the forest on to the heath zone and the Shira Plateau. Lunch is taken on trail and you arrive in camp mid afternoon. Overnight at Shira 1 Camp for full board basis
After breakfast will Crossing the Shira plateau and this morning we hike for around 3-4 hours to the lunch point. After lunch we ascend to Moir camp, arriving in the mid afternoon. Overnight at Moir Camp for full board basis.
After breakfast walk across the slopes of Kibo. Here relatively little flora or fauna can survive the extreme temperature ranges and conditions that typify this zone. Lunch is normally taken close to Lava Tower then descending down to Barranco camp in the afternoon. Overnight at Barranco camp for full board basis.
After Breakfast an early start to hike the Barranco wall. After about hours you reach the top and then hike over glacial valleys to Karanga camp, lunch is taken on trail. Sunsets here are particularly spectacular with views of the southern glacial valleys and ice fields. Overnight at Karanga Camp for full board basis.
After breakfast, this day is another half day ascending to Barafu camp. Once again lunch is taken in camp allowing plenty of time to relax before the summit time. Desolate alpine desert and at times strong winds rip over this camp and yet in the evening splendid views of Mawenzi volcano are the norm. Overnight at Barafu Camp for full board basis.
Your wakeup call at midnight for the final summit time. It’s time to go to fulfill your dreams to reach the summit and by dawn as the sunrise start to appear, most arrive near the rim. Ascending via Stella Point affords a relatively short final stage to Uhuru peak, the Roof of Africa! When you goes higher you must come down and descent to Mweka camp. Overnight Barafu Camp for full board basis.
After breakfast you descend once again around mid day after saying thank you to your crew, you are picked up and transfer back to your hotel for a well deserved shower! Overnight Lodge hotel or request a day room before departs for your own connection.
- Tanzania VAT on tourism activities and park fees
- Return transfers Kilimanjaro airport to Arusha and Arusha to Kilimanjaro airport
- Hotel Lodging the night before and the night after the climb, with dinner and breakfast included (double occupancy) with bed dinner and breakfast
- Transfer from your hotel to starting point for your climb, and return to your hotel after your climb
- Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food
- All Kilimanjaro National Park gate fees, camping fees and climbing permits
- Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees (Kilimanjaro Rescue Team)
- Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summiting aid)
- Basic first aid kit (for use in emergencies only)
- Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters and cook
- Salaries for mountain crew as per guidelines set by Kilimanjaro National Park
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as hot drinks on the mountain
- Camping equipment (tents, camp chairs, tables & sleeping mattress
- Water for washing up daily
- Porter to carry your duffel bag (max weight 15kg / 32 lbs) from one camp to the next camp
- Kilimanjaro National Park certificate for your successful summit attempt
- A comprehensive Climbing Kilimanjaro travel info pack
- Flying Doctor Service
- Flights and airport taxes
- Items of a personal nature
- Compulsory tips for guides, porters and cook (average tip is anything from US $ 230 to US $ 300 per hiker – depending on number of days how many hikers in the group and route chosen)
- Health requirements (Yellow Fever compulsory if travelling to Tanzania recommended)
- Highly recommended travel and medical insurance
- Personal hiking/trekking gear – we can rent some of the gear from our equipment store in Tanzania
- Optional but highly recommended Portable toilet
- Snacks, personal medicine and water purifying tablets
- Meals & drinks not specified and snacks