[su_gmap address=”Tarangire National Park”][su_gmap address=”Tarangire National Park”][/su_gmap]
Facts About Tarangire National Park
- Tarangire National Park is the sixth largest national park in Tanzania and situated in Manyara Region.
- The name of the park derived from the Tarangire River that passes through the park.
- The River is the primary source of fresh water for the Tarangire Ecosystem during the dry season.
- The Tarangire Ecosystem includes the long-distance migration of wildebeest, antelopes and zebras.
- During the dry season thousands of animals concentrate in Tarangire National Park from the surrounding wet-season dispersal and calving areas.
- The landscape is composed of granitic ridges, river valley, and swamps. Vegetation is a mix of Acacia woodland, Commiphora-Combretum woodland, seasonally flooded grassland, and Baobab trees.
Size and Location
- The park covers an area of approximately 2, 850 square kilometers (1,100 square miles.)
- There are charter flights from Arusha and the Serengeti to Tarangire,
- It is also to drive from Arusha to the entrance gate in 2 hours. Only 7 km are not tarred.
- It is easy to drive from Tarangire to Lake Manyara or the Ngorongoro Conservation area or both
When to Visit
- The middle and end of the dry season, from late June to October, is the best time for wildlife viewing in Tarangire National park. Most of the animals migrate out of the park during the wet season and wildlife viewing is considerably less good.
What you can do
- Guest can do game viewing, photo taking, bird viewing and nature expedition
Main attractions includes
- Large groups of African Elephants
- Baobab Trees
- Extension of Great Migration from Serengeti National Park which include Wildebeest, Antelopes and Zebras
- Tarangire Treetops
- Lake Burunge Tented Camp
- Tarangire Safari Lodge
- Tarangire Sopa Lodge
- Tarangire River Camp
- Tarangire Simba Lodge
- Osupuko Lodge
- Balloon Camp Tarangire
- Lemala Explorer Tarangire
- Balloon Camp Tarangire
Price Includes the Following:
- Airport Arrival and Departure transfers
- Lunch at the Hotel, Arusha
- Park entrance fees
- Crater tour services
- Full board accommodation on safari
- Professional driver guide English speaking or any other language
- Transport based on a 4WD Vehicle with pop up roof for game viewing
- Game drives/wildlife viewing tours everyday
- Mineral bottled water during game drives
Price Excludes the Following:
- Extras at the lodges like drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- International flight
- Visa entry into Tanzania
- Departure tax
- Tips to and drivers
Please contact us for package pricing and other necessary details